Other Alternative Therapies
In my practice, the use of herbal supplements, homeopathic remedies, or hormonal support are often used to complement the healing done by nutritional supplements and energy medicine. While I don’t pretend to be an expert in these other fields, I am a constant student who continues to learn in these fields and who knows enough to refer patients to experts in these fields when necessary.
Often patients are seeing me and also seeing another alternative practitioner such as an acupuncturist or chiropractor. I find that patients heal better when additional support is being used to facilitate recovery.
I use homeopathic as well as herbal supplements to help with sleep, allergies, anxiety, and hormonal support. However, these supplements are meant to be temporary and to be lowered as the patient continues to heal through nutritional supplementation and energy medicine.
Here are some of my favorites:
1) Lithium and sulfur trace mineral drops by Deseret Biologicals: unfortunately Deseret Biologicals does not sell directly to the general public. However, these products are very helpful for energy, mood stability, and detoxification.
2) Opsin II by Professional Complementary Health Formulas: This company only sells to clinicians. I use it frequently to help patients decrease allergy symptoms.
3) Diabetone by Biogenesis: this is an herbal product that helps with blood sugar balance. It works very well.
4) Organic Alfalfa Leaves by Blessed Herbs: This is an inexpensive but effective way to balance reproductive hormones.
5) Drenamin and Livaplex (or Hepatrophin) by Standard Process: These products contain protomorphogens that help the adrenals and liver to heal and function optimally. In my opinion, the emphasis on thyroid hormone replacement before supporting the health of the adrenals and liver is like putting the cart before the horse, or analogous to beating a tired horse.