Hello and welcome to my holistic psychiatry practice. I am glad you are exploring integrative approaches to mental health and have found my website. In this section, I would like to provide an overview of my background and practice.
I am a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist, with a private practice in Gaithersburg, Maryland. My training in psychiatry spanned ten years. After graduating, I worked as a conventional psychiatrist, integrating psychotherapy and psychopharmacology in my treatment approach, for another eight years.
However, in 2002, I began to explore a functional/ orthomolecular approach to psychiatry, because I wanted to be more effective in helping my patients. Due to many clinical benefits from this shift, I became an advocate for a holistic and integrative approach to psychiatry, and eventually, I became double board certified in integrative medicine.
In 2003, I was introduced to Thought Field Therapy, in the form of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). Integrating energy medicine into my practice enabled me to help my patients even more. In an effort to learn about energy's healing role, I became a certified Reiki Master.
As a holistic psychiatrist, I integrate both orthomolecular/functional medicine and mind-body/energy medicine--interweaving both Eastern and Western paradigms. It is my joy and privilege to help people transform their suffering, manifest their light, and live in creative freedom. Ultimately, my goal for each patient is freedom from being a patient.
Establishing mental health and wellness is a creative, intuitive, and informed process, customized to fit each individual’s unique needs. The process begins with providing a comprehensive psychiatric history through the Initial Intake Form, and scheduling an initial appointment to create an effective treatment approach that meets the immediate needs, as well as the long term goals of each individual. I work together with the patient and family members to facilitate stabilization, reduce symptoms, and optimize mental health, through proper follow-up.
Integration of multiple fields of healing allows me to:
- Provide a natural, medication-free option for the treatment of: stress, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, phobias, PTSD, addictions, obsessive compulsive disorder, anorexia, bulimia, ADHD, autism, Asperger's disorder, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia.
- Tailor treatment according to each person's unique needs.
- Teach individuals techniques for reducing stress.
- Heal underlying metabolic causes for mental illness.
- Create a safe environment for exploring difficult therapeutic issues.
- Establish a safe and comfortable medication taper and withdrawal.
- Minimize side effects from psychiatric medications.
- Eliminate postpartum depression and anxiety naturally.
- Support natural weight loss.
- Maintain long-term recovery and mental health, without the need for medications.