Alice W. Lee, MD, ABIHM, ABoIM is a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist, with a private practice in Gaithersburg, Maryland. She is double board certified in integrative medicine and a certified Reiki master. Her clinical expertise, as a psychiatrist, spans 27 years. Over the past 14 years, she has been a pioneer in, and an advocate for, a holistic and integrative approach to psychiatry. As a holistic psychiatrist, she integrates both orthomolecular/ functional medicine and mind-body/energy medicine, in healing the mind--interweaving both Eastern and Western paradigms. It is her joy and privilege to help people transform their suffering, manifest their light, and live in creative freedom.
Establishing mental health and wellness is a creative, intuitive, and informed process, customized to fit each individual’s unique needs. The process begins with providing a comprehensive psychiatric history through the Initial Intake Form, and scheduling an initial appointment to create an effective treatment approach that meets the immediate needs, as well as the long term goals of each individual. The physician and patient/family work together, to facilitate stabilization, reduction of symptoms, and optimal mental health, through proper follow-up. Integration of multiple fields of healing allows Dr. Lee to:
- Provide a natural, medication-free option for the treatment of: stress, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, phobias, PTSD, addictions, obsessive compulsive disorder, anorexia, bulimia, ADHD, autism, Asperger's disorder, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia.
- Tailor treatment according to each person's unique needs.
- Teach individuals techniques for reducing stress.
- Heal underlying metabolic causes for mental illness.
- Create a safe environment for exploring difficult therapeutic issues.
- Establish a safe and comfortable medication taper and withdrawal.
- Minimize side effects from psychiatric medications.
- Eliminate postpartum depression and anxiety naturally.
- Support natural weight loss.
- Maintain long-term recovery and mental health, without the need for medications.